- All Activity at the MAC is subject to additional costs depending on requirements as determined by MAC.
- Please discuss all requirements (including technical support and equipment hire) with MAC staff prior to commencing your booking.
- Hire of Performance Screen Studio for Arts Presentation activity includes use of Foyer and Kitchen/Bar for normal front of house activity.
- In order to keep costs as affordable as possible the MAC expects Hirers to be as self sufficient as possible.
- For 6 or more bookings, in a sequence, of Arts Activity, in the Makers Workshop or Meeting Room, a 10% discount will apply.
- For weekend and after hours bookings a key surcharge of $50 will apply.
- All Hire of the MAC is subject to final approval by MAC Management.
- Quoted prices are a base rate, including space hire, equipment and fit out associated with those spaces. Additional costs for technical support, front of house support, hospitality, cleaning and security may be charged.
- Please note that fees are for the current financial year only. Hire fees for 2019/20 are yet to be determined and are subject to ratification as part of Glenorchy City Council’s budget process, if ratified they will be in effect from 1 July 2019.
Please make a booking enquiry online after reading our Usage Policy.
Moonah Arts Centre (MAC) Usage Policy
MAC Arts Program MAC spaces are programmed up to 12 months in advance with exhibitions, performances, screenings, major arts festival projects, artist run workshops & residencies as well as children’s holiday art activities. Expressions of interest for these activities are collected annually, opening in July. Artists, presenters and producers may propose a wide range of arts projects and activities for the following calendar year. These programmed activities represent the principal usage and activity of MAC. Where there is competition for space, MAC will give priority to arts projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Provide significant learning and/or skill building opportunities for MAC patrons and/or participants.
- Celebrate difference, diversity and understanding within and between communities.
- Is innovative in expression of contemporary community life.
- Significantly boosts the profile of MAC as a hub for arts and cultural development.
- Significantly promotes our local and regional artists, arts organisations or community cultural organisers.
External Hire of Spaces
MAC’s Performance Screen Studio, Makers Workshop and Meeting Room can be hired throughout the year. Due to high demand, we priorities arts related actives and events which are publicly promoted and accessible. For non-arts activities we can only accept bookings within 12 weeks of the event. Non-arts hire of spaces will only be considered if:
- It is a one off event
- In the case of weekly, fortnightly or monthly use, the proposed hire period is no longer than 12 weeks in total
- The booking request is made no more than 12 weeks in advance of the proposed date(s)
In addition, non-arts activities in the Performance Screen Studio will only be considered if:
- The activity can be appropriately accommodated in the space (please contact MAC to discuss your requirements if you are unsure).
- The proposal is NOT a ticketed, publicly promoted event.
- The activity is NOT a private function (such as a birthday or wedding).
Hire by Education Facilities When hiring spaces for arts activities, schools will be charged the Arts Org or Project – Funded rate. When hiring spaces for non-arts activities, schools will be charged the Commercial/Government rate. Partnering with MAC MAC will occasionally produce or partner in the production of arts and cultural projects. To qualify for a partnership, projects must align to MAC’s selection criteria to a very high degree. Please contact MAC if you feel your project may qualify for a partnership.