Submit an application online>> Are you passionate about realising the vision of Glenorchy as a city of arts? Do you have knowledge and networks to help make a difference? Glenorchy City
Are you passionate about realising the vision of Glenorchy as a city of arts? Do you have knowledge and networks to help make a difference?
Glenorchy City Council is looking for up to ten (10) interested people to join the Glenorchy Arts & Culture Advisory Committee. We are looking for a diverse range of people who would like to be part of realising Glenorchy as a city of arts.
Purpose of the Arts & Culture Advisory Committee
The Glenorchy Arts & Culture Advisory Committee advises the Glenorchy City Council on arts and cultural development and provides input into the development of Council services and activities such as the Moonah Arts Centre, community cultural development projects, public art, festivals and events.
The Committee provides advice to Council on the development of policy, plans, programs, facilities and services in arts and cultural development in Glenorchy. It also supports the development, promotion and implementation of arts and cultural activities, as well as encouraging networking of local cultural organisations and artists.
The committee may undertake additional activities in response to community need and/or at Council’s request.
Appointments are for the term of current Council, then eligible for re-appointment for a further term or terms. Meetings will be held every 2 months with days and times to be determined by the Committee.
Am I the person Council is looking for?
- Do you have a passion and interest in arts and cultural development in Glenorchy?
- Are you actively involved in arts and culture (For example an artist, theatre worker, musician, performer or representative of an arts organisation, education, cultural groups, CALD, disability, community groups, etc.)?
- Can you demonstrate a strong connection with the City of Glenorchy?
- Do you have knowledge and/or networks to support this vision (For example in the visual arts, theatre, dance, music, arts education, events and community cultural development etc.?)
- Do you enjoy being involved in discussions and strategic planning?
Applications close Fri 31 May 2019, 4pm
For more information, contact Eleanor Downes: [email protected] or 62166382.
1 (Wednesday) 10:00 am - 31 (Friday) 4:00 pm