20dec12:00 pmPublic Art CommissionExpressions of Interest close: Thurs 20 Dec 201812:00 pm Event Type :Other
Inviting artists to submit expressions of interest for public artwork/s in Glenorchy’s revitalised CBD area. Expressions of Interest close: Thurs 20 Dec 2018 Project budget: $100,000 Glenorchy City Council is seeking expressions
Inviting artists to submit expressions of interest for public artwork/s in Glenorchy’s revitalised CBD area.
Expressions of Interest close: Thurs 20 Dec 2018
Project budget: $100,000
Glenorchy City Council is seeking expressions of interest from artists for public artwork/s in the revitalised CBD area. Glenorchy is looking for public art that reflects the City, its people and their diversity – celebrating local distinctiveness and enriching our lives.
Glenorchy City Council manages the City of Glenorchy, a Local Government Area of Tasmania which covers several northern suburbs of Hobart. The City of Glenorchy is Tasmania’s fourth largest city.
The Glenorchy City Council Community Plan 2015 – 2040 describes a vision for the City as a city of arts. The Plan identifies arts and culture as one of the community’s most important priorities for the future.
Areas of the CBD, including the Council Chambers forecourt and garden area, are going to be revitalised with a strong emphasis on great design, open spaces and public art.
This project seeks to:
- Create permanent, memorable, distinctive and celebrated public artwork/s.
- Authentically reflect the values, culture and heritage of the community.
- Bring the community together in the creation and further usage of CBD area of Glenorchy.
- Encourage further arts and cultural activities in the CBD.
- Contribute to creating a vibrant, engaging and dynamic CBD.
- Create an opportunity for the community and its artists to work collaboratively to express place and local values.
- Make the CBD a welcoming place for all those who use and visit it.
Download the project brief here: Glenorchy CBD Public Art EOI 2018
Submit your expression of interest at: www.tenderlink.com/gcc *
*At this webpage, you will need to create an account. Click on the “Registration” link in the top menu and supply your name, ABN and contact details. Once you are registered, you can log in and access the application page.
(Thursday) 12:00 pm
Glenorchy City Council